Pictured above an image of “ticket-seekers” line formed outside of the 46th Street Theatre. Having the marque top billing centered reading “Gwen Verdon Chita Rivera Jerry Orbach, Chicago, A Musical Vaudeville” also reading bottom left “Directed and Choreographed by Bob Fosse.”
This particular “UPI” newswire photograph measures 8 1/2 x 11 inches and was taken on October 13, 1975 having the corressponding newsworthy caption reading:
“10/14/75 – NEW YORK: Ticket-seekers line up outside the 46th St. Theatre to purchase ducats for the Boradyway musical “Chicago” 10/13. “Chicago” was one of the first musicals to re-open following settlement of the musicians strike late 10/12.”
New York City’s 46th Street Theatre located at 226 West 46th Street opened in 1924 and was renamed “The Richard Rodgers Theatre” in 1990 to honor the legendary composer Richard Rodgers. Today the Richard Rodgers Theatre has 1,319 seats and is one of The Nederlander Organization’s nine Broadway theatres.